The eFAST exam is the standard of care for trauma (extended Focused Assessment Sonography for Trauma) but encounters several limitations on the battlefield due to the size, weight, simplicity of traditional ultrasound systems.
The assessment typically uses two frequencies:
- A low frequency to assess internal bleeding in the abdomen and pericardium
- A high frequency to detect pneumothorax and use for other applications such as line placements and MSK and ocular examinations
Modern Edge has developed a unique single hand mobile interface for the Sonivate Sonicare system through extensive testing and user research at medical centers, hospitals and military installations.
- Light weight, durable and portable
- Have both a low and high frequency transducer
- Simple to use Graphical User Interface – not confusing for the novice or infrequent user
- Integrate (downloaded App) into existing medic phones or tablet.
User insights from this intense research program led to game changing features including a fully supported use mode for less experienced medical technicians, and special features for night-time and battlefield use.
The interface was developed in conjunction with a larger Modern Edge program to design and develop the overall wearable system and the ground breaking dual array probe. The system is now in production and shipping in the spring of 2019.
Modern Edge design and develops UX and Digital Health break throughs for companies around the globe.
Our blend of user research, technical and mechanical innovation, and styling helps our client bring truly unique products to market.
Contact us for a proposal on your latest project: contact(at)modernedge(.com)