The Opioid Crisis is an epidemic that effects every one. Each day more then 175 Americans die after over dosing on opioids. A serious national crisis that that severely impacts public health, as well as social and economic welfare.
The Narcan nasal spray can treat overdose in an emergency situation. The intranasal device is the only FDA approved Naloxone delivery system, and it combats accidental overdose.
Drug Abuse Statistics
- 22.5 Million Americans (12 or older) current drug users. (8.7% of the population)
- Prescription drugs cost $5-80 PER PILL
- Someone is arrested for violating drug laws every 19 Seconds.
- Cost to the Economy
Criminal Justice System: $56,373,254,000
Labor Participation: $49,237,777,000
- Incarceration: $48,121,949,000
- Premature Mortality Costs: $19,783,981,000
- Hospital and Emergency Dept.: $5,697,186,000
- Specialty Treatment: $3,547,885,000
- Other Crime Costs: $3,547,885,000
- $200 Billiion Annual Cost to the economy
- $100 Billion Annually spend on Drugs.
- $740 Billion TOTAL cost including (Crime, Lost productivity, and Health Care)
- $26 Billion Prescription Opioid substance abuse health care costs.
- $78.5 Billion Prescription Opioid overall cost.
The packaging platform for Curadite leverages the latest developments in wireless communication and embraces one of the fastest growing areas of technology—the Internet of Things (IoT).
The Curadite tray system, or Curapac, can support a regimen of a Schedule I prescription as well as carry supporting treatments like Narcan. The tray system is versatile and leaves room for other design improvements as well as any other support material for varying drug requirements.
A specific layer within the system developed by Modern Edge allows for the tray to be as small as possible and still maintain the sophistication needed to ensure prescription adherence.
The findings helped identify where the clusters are in need of attention to help focus efforts. The team developed experience maps and workflow scenarios to understand the context of the pain points, latent needs, and opportunities for vastly improving the patient experience.
Ultimately the team identified 14 areas for redesign and reinvention. Waiting room experience, Way-finding and Checkin process were just three of the service areas slated for redesign. As the stunning new facility became a reality, Providence moved forward with confidence that the patient experience would match the beauty of the facility, and the quality of the services.
Curadite is a system to improve adherence, lower medical costs, and ultimately save lives.